If you want to keep your XRP Ledger account extra secure, you can use a XUMM Tangem card instead of a paper account (Secret Numbers generated by XUMM, or an imported family seed or mnemonic).
With a XUMM Tangem card your private key (keypair) is generated by a chip inside the Tangem card. The keypair cannot be extracted or wiped from the card. The key generation by the chip inside the card is very secure and audited.
Technical & security details
- Contains $0 & 0 XRP in value upon delivery: the card will generate a keypair when first used with XUMM, and the newly generated keypair (and r-address on the XRPL) will have to be activated with 20 XRP as per XRP Ledger requirement first.
- 85.60 mm x 54.00 mm x 0.80 mm
- Weight around 4g per card
- S3D350A microchip from Samsung
- Common Criteria EAL6+ Assurance Level
- Uses 3DES, AES, RSA, & ECC cryptography
- Arm SecurCore SC000 Core
- Compatible with Android 5.1+ or iPhone with NFC (select models, iOS 13+)
- Firmware audited by Kudelski Security