What is a Regular Key?
The XRP Ledger allows an activated XRPL account to authorize a secondary key pair, called a Regular Key pair to sign transactions on the account.
For example, let's say you have created an XRPL account using one of your XUMM Tangem Cards (Card 1) and you have a second card (Card 2), you can add a Regular key to your Card 1 account that will allow Card 2 to sign transactions on Card 1.
This feature has many uses, most recently, with the XUMM Vanity xApp where the Vanity account is purchased without an account secret and the Vanity account is assigned a Regular Key pointing to another account.
Why do I want to remove a Regular Key?
As explained in the above example, you would do this to prevent Card 2 from being able to sign on Card 1's account. You would do this, for example, if you lost Card 2, and want to deauthorize it from signing transactions on behalf of your primary XRP Ledger account (Card 1).
DANGER! IF YOU NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO A SPECIFIC CARD, DO NOT PROCEED WITH REMOVING YOUR REGULAR KEY. DEPENDING ON YOUR SECURITY SETUP IF YOU STILL NEED THE REGULAR KEY ACCOUNT TO SIGN. In case of doubt, contact XUMM Support.
How do I remove a Regular Key on a XUMM Tangem Card?
- Launch XUMM.
- Press the "Switch account" button at the top right of the screen
- Select the account with the Regular key configured. (In this case Card 2)
- Open a browser on your phone and go to xrpl.services
- Sign the "Sign in with XUMM√" " button. (Slide to accept the sign in, then sign with Card 2, then press "Next")
- Press "Set Regular Key"
- Press "Delete Regular Key" button
- Press the "Confirm" button
- Sign the transaction in XUMM (Slide to accept)
We understand that you might have additional questions regarding this procedure so you are welcome to contact us any time via the XUMM Support xApp in XUMM or you can simply scan this QR code with XUMM and be directed there automatically.