Trust Lines are a fundamental part of the XRP Ledger in that they allow an account to hold non-XRP assets (tokens) issued on the XRPL.
Each Trust Line has a unique r-address which helps to identify it but it can be confusing for new users and sometimes people mix up the various tokens and issuing accounts.
Here at Xumm we are constantly trying to make things safer and easier for our users so we are excited to introduce Trust Line icons for all token issuers on the XRPL. It is our hope that by adding icons to Trust Lines, it will help our people quickly and accurately identity which projects they are dealing with.
How do I get my icon to show on the Trust Line list in Xumm?
When we talk about the Trust Line icons in Xumm, we are talking about the little logo beside the Trust Line name. Here are some examples:
Xumm fetches all token information from the xrplmeta.org project (https://xrplmeta.org) and filters on only tokens where xrplmeta.org indicates "trust level 1".
If you have any questions about the instructions, please contact xrplmeta.org at:
What exactly are the requirements to get an icon added in Xumm?
Xrplmeta.org is an external data feed Xumm references for token attributes.
In addition to being added to Xrplmeta.org, as per XRPL Labs's Xumm requirements, your project must also feature these traits as reflected by the data we retrieve from xrplmeta.org:
- At least "trust level 1" on xrplmeta.org
- Token name
- Token issuers name
- Token issuer domain name
- Have a non-trivial number of incoming Trust Lines for your asset
- Have a non-trivial amount of asset holders for your asset
- Completed the XRPL Foundation Self Assessment
Once you have completed all of the above, your icon is eligible to be displayed in Xumm.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Yes, here are a couple of other things you should be aware of:
- Adding a Trust Line icon does not mean that Xumm endorses the asset in question. Xumm will still show users the appropriate warnings when adding Trust Lines.
- We do not endorse or support ANY token issued on the XRPL. Xumm is simply displaying your icon information that is publicly available by 3rd party data feeds.
- Adding an icon to a Trust Line icon DOES NOT add the asset to the Xumm short list.
- We only publish token icons from the XRPL Meta API. Xumm does not sync the information.
How often does Xumm refresh / update the icon information?
Once every 24 hours Xumm will fetch the feeds and update the information in the app based on meeting the above requirements. (We can't speak for the feed refresh policies for the XRPL Foundation or Xrplmeta.org though.)
For new, valid assets, Xumm users may need to restart Xumm before they can see them.
As well, issuer icons (add Trust Line, remove Trust Line, Sign Request, Event List) have a 24h cache policy on a per device, client side basis, so depending on the user it may show instantly or after 24h.
What if I change my icon at a future date or want to publish another token?
We only digest the first occurrence automatically. If you change the icon or want publish another token from the same r-address, you will need to create a ticket via the Xumm Support xApp and we will review your changes. This process can take up to two business days.
We understand that you might have additional questions regarding this topic so you are welcome to contact us any time via the Xumm Support xApp in Xumm or you can simply scan this QR code with Xumm and be directed there automatically.